Theatrical belly dance blends the emotion, drama and storytelling of the theater with the beautifully passionate and expressive art of belly dance. By connecting emotion with movement through combined use of dance drills and improvisational theater exercises this class is designed to bring out the dramatic in your dance.
Classes are structured to build on one another but each may also be experienced as a stand-alone class. Class topics will be announced monthly and cover such things as:
• Learn to use common belly dance moves to convey a wide array of emotions or to create a character
• Explore how to establish stage presence and connect with your audience
• Discover and connect with what motivates you to dance
• Create and share stories through dance and movement
• Laugh, dance and have fun!
Beginning in mid-April we will also begin working on co-creating a performance piece to be shared at a very special show taking place in June.
Whether you want to create a stage persona to slip on before a show, explore your reasons for dancing or add just a bit of dramatic flair to your performance this class is for you!
Preregistration is encouraged but drop-ins are always welcome.
When: Thursdays – February 21st – June 20th
Time: 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM
Where: Bright Star World Dance, 496 Congress Street, Portland, ME
Cost: $15 Drop-in/six weeks for $60 –
Email email@example.com to register