The woman who became known as The Steampowered Belly Dancer, first performed with Dark Follies in 2010 dancing with her sword and cane throughout the summer street shows. A dancer with a remarkable talent for the dramatic and unusual, she and Dr.Druesome brought The Steampowered Belly Dancer to “life” at the appropriately named Dark Follies stage show Vaudeville Never Died in April of this year.
It is always a treat to see what she will bring to the show next and we are happy her on board.
Name: The Steampowered Belly Dancer
1. What do you do and how did you come to do it?
I was a belly dancer traveling with a carnival throughout Europe and America when I befell a terrible accident that robbed me of my life. Fortunately, I was quickly revived by my partner, Dr. Druesome. There has been some damage, but nothing I can’t work with.
2. Where do you find inspiration?
Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein”, Little Egypt, Mary Pickford, music.
3. How did you become a part of Dark Follies?
I was asked to fill in for a sword piece and stayed on after.
4. What is your favorite part of performing with Dark Follies?
5. When you leave this world for the great hereafter what do you hope to be remembered for?
I don’t think I get to leave.
6. If you were left on a deserted island and you were allowed one book and one tool what would you choose to bring?
See question #2 and my battery pack.
7. How can people find you…should you want to be found?
I’m usually in The Dismal Den of Dr. Druesome.